I have to say that December is one of my favorite months of the year. December is a month for warm sweaters, hot cocoa, holiday parties, and (drumroll please)... My Birthday! I celebrated my birthday over the weekend and had such an amazing time. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by and I feel so blessed.
I thought this emerald jumpsuit was the perfect ensemble for my birthday. I rarely wear jumpsuits but I instantly fell in love with this one the moment I saw it. This pleated jumpsuit has a pretty mockneck and is nipped at the waist creating a nice definition to the waistline (it also has an adjustable tie drawstring). The jumpsuit has wide-legs so I opted to pair nude heels with this look. I linked some of my favorite jumpsuits below.
In order to celebrate my birthday, I wanted to do something a little different from my usual blog posts. I wanted to share with you a couple of fun facts about myself! I hope this will give you a peak into my life and get to know me a little better. Thank you all so much for reading and showing all your support over the years!
1. I grew up in a small town in Connecticut. There were probably more cows than people there at some point.
2. I had a phase in life where I was such a tomboy. I remember I used to wear windbreaker pants and baggy sweatshirts - oh and my favorite color used to be blue. Somewhere along the way I became super girly-girl and my favorite color is pink!
3. When I was younger my parents tried to get me into every sport imaginable - tennis, basketball, volleyball, golf, swimming - you name it! I like to think I'm still somewhat athletic.
4. I am super clumsy and easily trip and/or bump into things - No joke! Actually a few weeks ago I tripped and took a tumble down the stairs bringing the laundry down (the same day I got back from Hawaii so I must have been half asleep). It kind of reminded me when I was little and used to go "sledding" down the stairs with a blanket.
5. I got my Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and also got my Masters in Accounting as well. I also worked for a Big 4 Accounting firm after college for a few years.
6. My favorite foods consist of pizza and the nachos with queso. I mean I do love other foods but those two are my go-to's for a night in.
7. I have really thick hair (I guess that's a good thing!) and whenever I wash my hair it's such a process - wash/condition, blow-dry, straighten, curl. I usually plan out when I'm washing it (especially around events) and what's happening each day. Seriously it's no joke.
8. I am addicted to anything and everything on Bravo. I will watch anything that comes on this channel. My favorites are Shah's of Sunset, Below Deck, Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, New York, and also Orange County.
9. I love to travel! My husband and I are always thinking about where to go next. Our last trip together was Hawaii and our next big trip coming up is Greece!
10. I love Star Wars. Anytime any of them are on TV I always watch them. I've been meaning to dress up as Princess Leia one year for Halloween. Oh, and I'm super excited about the new movie, The Last Jedi, coming out this weekend!
Bonus: My husband and I met many years ago. We drifted apart for many years as I was living in Connecticut and he was in Pennsylvania. A mutual friend who was going to school in Philadelphia tried to set us up but we already knew each other and figured things would not work out! Well, we started spending time together and really enjoyed each other's company. The rest was history!