Over the years I’ve noticed that many people do not clean their makeup brushes as often as they should be (if at all). Cleaning your makeup brushes often goes overlooked especially in the mornings when you are in the rush to get out that door or at night when you’re in a rush to meet your friends for a night out.
I’ve noted the importance of keeping my brushes clean in between usage along with several benefits. My skin is a lot clearer when I use clean brushes as this prevents bacteria from transmitting onto your brushes every time it comes in contact with your skin. Also, since makeup brushes can be pricey it’s a good way to make them last longer and keep the brushes feeling soft (as we all know how expensive good makeup brushes can be!)
Many people think that you need to go to the store and buy a solution to clean brushes. It is quite simple to use products you have lying around at home to clean your brushes. All you need to do is to do the following (use either shampoo or unscented white soap):
1. Wet your brush with lukewarm water
2. Either swirl the brush onto the bar of soap until it lathers or put a little bit of shampoo onto the brush
3. Rinse the shampoo or soap off the brush in lukewarm water
4. Gently squeeze out excess water
5. Lay the brush flat on a clean towel and let it air dry
Sephora also sells a daily brush cleaning solution which I currently have and love to use.